E DIOS QUE YO CONOZCO

To lack


Greek: υστερεω [hustereô] (Verb). To be later. To be last, behind. To be inferior; to be deficient. To lack.

υστερεω [hustereô] appears 16 times in the NT:

(1) Matthew 19: 20
The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? - υστερω [husterô] Present Indicative Active, 1 sing.

(2) Mark 10: 21
Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me. - υστερει [husterei] Present Indicative Active, 3 sing.

(3) Luke 15: 14
And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want. - υστερεισθαι [hustereisthai] Present Infinitive Passive.

(4) Luke 22: 35
And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing. - υστερησατε [husterêsate] Aorist Indicative Active, 2 pl.

(5) John 2: 3
And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine. - υστερησαντος [husterêsantos] Aorist Participle Active, gen. sing. masc.

(6) Romans 3: 23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; - υστερουνται [husterountai] Present Indicative Passive, 3 pl.

(7) 1 Corinthians 1: 7
So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ: - υστερεισθαι [hustereisthai] Present Infinitive Passive.

(8) 1 Corinthians 8: 8
But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse. - υστερουμεθα [huteroumetha] Present Indicative Passive, 1 pl.

(9) 1 Corinthians 12: 24
For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked: - τω υστερουμενω [tô husteroumenô] Present Participle Passive, dat. sing. masc.

(10) 2 Corinthians 11: 5
For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles. - υστερηκεναι [husterêkenai] Perfect Infinitive Active.

(11) 2 Corinthians 11: 9
And when I was present with you, and wanted, I was chargeable to no man: for that which was lacking to me the brethren which came from Macedonia supplied: and in all things I have kept myself from being burdensome unto you, and so will I keep myself. - υστερηθεις [husterêtheis] Aorist Participle Passive, nom. sing. masc.

(12) 2 Corinthians 12: 11
I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing. - υστερησα [husterêsa] Aorist Indicative Active, 1 sing.

(13) Philippians 4: 12
I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. - υστερεισθαι [hustereisthai] Present Infinitive Passive.

(14) Hebrews 4: 1
Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. - υστερηκεναι [husterêkenai] Perfect Infinitive Active.

(15) Hebrews 11: 37
They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; - υστερουμενοι [husteroumenoi] Present Participle Passive, nom. pl. masc.

(16) Hebrews 12: 15
Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled; - υστερων [husterôn] Present Participle Active, nom. sing. masc.

Spanish
Portuguese